[robocup-humanoid] New goals

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jan 16 13:25:35 EST 2008

Hi Thomas,

> would it be possible to have a drawing of the new goals in the rules from a
> bird's eye view perspective?

We will include a such a drawing in the next, final version of the rule
draft which will be posted in a few days.

> There are a number of open questions such as:
> - Where are the side walls mounted to the goal posts?

It should be symmetrically.

Please not that the effective open area of the goal between
the goal posts is the same like last year.

> - How thick are the walls of the goal (still 5 cm)? This may influence the
> length of the back wall.

There is no need to have such thick backside walls.
I suggest they should be <= max. 5cm thickness and one could
use any comfortably thickness, e.g., 12 or 16mm  or similar
standard dimensions available at do-it-yourself stores.

> - Figure 1 was made for a goal in which the goal walls and the field lines
> have the same thickness. It would be better to specify the depth of the goal
> independent from the thickness of the goal walls (front of back wall to
> front of goal line).

Yes, it should read from front of back wall to front of goal line.

With best regards,
Oskar