[robocup-humanoid] Questions: Humanoid league 2008 rules draf; Field of View

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Nov 23 17:11:30 EST 2007

Hello Karl,

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Muecke, Karl wrote:

> In the rules at section 4.3, #2, the term "field of view" is used in the rules.  I would like if this term would be clarified.  Does the field of view refer to the FOV of the camera, or how much of the soccer field the camera can view?  As I wrote in an e-mail to the listserv earlier, omnivision would still be allowed with a 180 field of view as specified for a camera, but not if it is defined by how much of the FIELD the camera can view.

I think you are right. It is not yet precisely enough formulated.
We need to add some more text for clarification (see suggestion below).

> So what does the field of view refer to?

"field of view" refers to the field of view of all cameras together _and_
of how much of the soccer field all cameras together can view at most at one time.
By how much the soccer field can be viewed by the robot at most one time
is defined by a half sphere with its center axis pointing in the forward
direction with respect to the robot's frontal plane.
We should also add a figure to illustrate this.

Best regards,
Oskar