[robocup-humanoid] Standard Platform League - Call for Participation

Michael Quinlan mquinlan at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 6 12:18:00 EDT 2007

For RoboCup 2008 the Standard Platform League will contain 2 divisions.
The Aibo league continues in 2008 but will be reduced to 16 teams. The
matches will be played on a larger field and will consist of 5v5 robot
games. In addition we introduce the Nao league, the successor to the
Aibo. In 2008 this league will consist of 12 teams, with each team
receiving 2 robots in February and another 2 in May.  For 2008 the Nao
will play on a slightly modified current Aibo field, but from 2009 the
Nao's will play on the new `larger' Aibo field being used in 2008.

We announce a call for participation in these two leagues. We are aware
that the call is earlier than previous years, but given the situation of
the two divisions we feel it appropriate that the Nao decision should be
made early (to enable further discussion on Aibo selection).

By the *30th* of September, could all interested teams submit the
following -

1. Indicate if you would like to participate in the Nao League
    a)  If yes,  prepare and submit a  2-5 page qualification document.

2. Indicate if you would like to participate in the Aibo League
    a)  At this stage we do not need a qualification document.

NOTE: Teams can compete in both leagues.

Given the limited number of spots in each league we encourage teams to
consider joint teams.  Joint teams will be judged on combined merit, we
will not be rewarding teams simply for merging. (i.e. creating a joint
team will not guarantee acceptance)

Thanks,
2008 Technical and 2008 Organising Standard Platform Committees
http://www.tzi.de/spl/