[robocup-humanoid] (no subject)

Jackson Matsuura jackson at ita.br
Tue Jun 12 16:42:17 EDT 2007

Dear Humanoid Teams, dear Jacky Baltes, dear Norbert Michael Mayer,
dear Tucker Balch.

I regret to inform that Brasil-HD, former ITANDROIDS-HD will not be
able to participate in Atlanta 2007.
We were not able to raise enough funds to go to Atlanta with our
entire Brazilian National Team (25 persons in 12 teams and 10
Leagues/Subleagues).
So we are cutting some team members and some teams and only 15
persons would go to Atlanta.

I know that I should have informed this earlier, but we really
thought that we should raise enough funds to go to Atlanta. Or team
registration in Humanoid League Kid-Size was done very early and we
did our best to raise the funds, but overall costs for us (mainly
travel costs) are too high.
And I think that it is better to tell now than more near the event.

We really would like to play against some of the best humanoid robots
in the world, but some of our team members are already paying their
expenses for their own and we really do not have from were get more money.
But I hope to see some of you at our Brazil Open, perhaps we should
play against the Atlanta Champion in our territory :-).

And we really hope to have more sponsorship and support for next
years. And at least in 2014 we will be able to travel to the RoboCup
World Championship. Hope to participate in the Humanoid League
earlier than that.

Thanks for all the attention and be sure that there is no one more
concerned than I with this.

Jackson Matsuura
Brazilian National Team Manager
Brasil-HD Team Leader