[robocup-humanoid] 2007 rule draft to download

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 27 15:53:52 EST 2006

Dear Teams,

As the deadline for rule discussion is approaching on December 31,
Darmstadt Dribblers would like to suggest a few modifications to the rule draft.

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Emanuele Menegatti wrote:

> Dear Humanoid RoboCuppers,
>
> you can download the almost definitive rules for the 2007
> competitions in Atlanta, that the Technical  and Organizing Committee
> has been debating for so long at:
>
> http://www.dei.unipd.it/~emg/downloads/HumanoidLeagueRules2007.pdf
<...>

4.4.4 Suggested rule extension:
	"The robot handler of a team may not touch a robot of another team
	 in order to avoid any (unintentional or intentional) damage to that robot."

4.4.5-new or 1.5-new: Suggested rule extension
	"Around the field of play (Figure 1) a field zone is defined on site in which
	only the referee (Section 5), the assistant referees (Section 6)
	and the two robot handlers are allowed to stay during a game.
	All other people (including other team members, organizational staff,
	representatives of the press and the media etc.) must stay outside the field zone."

	Explanation:
	We do not (yet) want people gathering too closely around
	the field and disturbing either referees or robot handlers
	or the robots, e.g., robot vision by orange jackets or jerseys etc.
	However, this happened several times during RoboCup 2006.

19. Technical Challenge:

- In extension to the first sentence (that no hardware modifications of the robots
	are allowed for the Technical Challenges) we should also state explicitly that
	robots, which are only specialized for a specific challenge and are not used
	during soccer games, are not allowed for the challenges:

	"It is not allowed to use robots which are specialized
	for a specific technical challenge.
	Only the robots used for the soccer games in the KidSize and the Penalty Kick
	in the Teensize are allowed to participate in the technical challenges."

- The intermediate scoring rules (as they had been applied during RoboCup 2006)
	should be included for the Technical Challenges B and C.

- 19.1 Obstacle Avoidance:
	A minimum distance of 50cm between obstacles is only useful for KidSize
	but not for TeenSize:
	"The distance between the obstacles is at least 50cm [for Kidsize
	 and 100cm for TeenSize]."

	We suggest to define the half of the field, e.g. with the yellow goal,
	where the obstacles are placed to have equal conditions for all teams:
	"Six black obstacles (cylinders of diameter 20 cm and height 90 cm) are
	put in [the] half of the field [in front of the yellow goal], as defending players."

Appendix A:
- The outlook discussed for rule evolution in upcoming years
	as discussed in the technical committe should be added here.

Thank you very much for your attention.
With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk
www.dribblers.de