[mlpack] GSOC 2016 "Alternatives to neighbour-based collaborative filtering"

Zhaoduo WEN wenzhaoduo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:58:58 EDT 2016

Hi Ryan,

I want to figure out one thing. Does this project intend to expand the
existing mlpack_cf? Could I write a new algorithm that is different from CF?

I've read the API of CF, though not all of them. I find that it's not easy
to fit with the existing other factorizers and algorithms for CF, as the
key component of SLIM is learning W matrix from A. However, the CF
algorithm doesn't need this. Do you have any ideas of fitting
with the existing other factorizers and algorithms for CF? I need some
inspiration. Thanks.

--
Best Regards,

Zhaoduo