[mlpack] Interest in contributing to a long-term project for mlpack

Shashank Shekhar sshekhar.special at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:37:12 EST 2016

Hi all,

I am Shashank Shekhar, an undergraduate student interested in machine
learning. I would like to contribute to mlpack for a long-term project
either as part of GSoC 2016 (if mlpack is applying) or otherwise. I have
compiled mlpack from source and am trying to work through the examples and
tutorials as of now. I am familiar with fundamental machine learning
algorithms and have knowledge of C++ and STL. I understand that my
knowledge of mlpack and machine learning may not be at the level where I
can start contributing to a large project and hence would like to ask for
good places for a beginner to start for now.

Regards,
Shashank Shekhar