[mlpack] Regarding Implementing Tree Types

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 12 09:26:53 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 10:31:00AM -0800, Siddharth Agrawal wrote:
> Hello Sir,
> Sorry to say, my logic regarding octree was wrong. I went through various
> data structures book also yet I didn't got an exact knowledge of octree.
> Can I start with some other tree implementation. Is kd tree implemented in
> the library ?

Hi Siddharth,

The kd-tree is already implemented in mlpack; to use it, you would use
the BinarySpaceTree<> class with the HRectBound<> bound type.  There are
many other types of trees, though; for a few, see the list in this email:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2014-March/000273.html

Thanks,

Ryan

--