[mlpack] Regarding Implementing Tree Types

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 8 17:31:55 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 10:47:23AM -0800, Siddharth Agrawal wrote:
> Hello all,
> Myself Siddharth. I was trying to implement octree to mlpack library. I
> wrote the code for octree in C++ as I was asked by Ryan to do this. I
> understood the documentation of other trees implemented except at some
> places. Can anyone clear my doubts and also help me in refactoring my code
> according to the dual-tree algorithms of mlpack. As this was my 1st
> implementation to mlpack library, so I faced a little bit difficulty. But
> once I complete this I can implement other trees easily.
> Please anyone there help me.

Hi Siddharth,

I'm happy to take a look over your code, but you haven't asked a
question specific enough for me to answer.  If you are looking to
understand dual-tree algorithms and the concepts behind them, you might
start with this paper:

http://ratml.org/pub/pdf/2013tree.pdf

and then consult the references therein.

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin    | "...wildcat... ...wild... cat... ... ...pow...
ryan at ratml.org | ...wildcat... I'm going to go."  - Eli Cash