[mlpack] add rbm to mlpack

Shangtong Zhang zhangshangtong.cpp at qq.com
Sat Jan 3 07:21:47 EST 2015

Hi,

I’m a third year undergraduate majoring in Computer Science in Fudan University, China.
I want to get involved in GSoC 2015 with mlpack. I completed GSoC 2014 with Xapian.

I’m interested in machine learning, and in this field, matlab is popular, but many still want a tool written C++.
Neural Network has been getting more and more popular in recent years and have made great success
in various fields. But it seems I don’t find support for NN in mlpack. So is it appropriate that we make NN supported
in GSoC 2015 ? If this task is a little big, can we just start up with support for Restricted Boltzmann Machines(RBM) ?

Thanks for your reading.

Best Regards

Shangtong Zhang,
Third Year Undergraduate,