[mlpack] Guidance

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:55:29 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 03:09:18AM +0530, Abhinav Agarwalla wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am Abhinav Agarwalla, mastering in  Mathematics and Computing, IIT
> Kharagpur. I really like mlpack library, and would like to contribute to
> it. I went through some basic tutorials, which gave me a very good idea of
> how to use mlpack. But I am still not able to figure out, how to start
> contributing to the library.
> Could you please guide me in the right direction ?

Hello Abhinav,

Have you taken a look through the bug tracker?

http://www.mlpack.org/trac/

Maybe you can find a ticket that is sufficiently interesting to solve.

Another approach could be to implement an algorithm that mlpack does not
currently have an implementation of, or to take an existing algorithm
and find a way to speed it up.

These would all be a good way to contribute.

I hope this answers your question. :)

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin    | "That rug really tied the room together."
ryan at ratml.org |   - The Dude