[mlpack] GSOC 2014: collaborative filtering package improvements

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 12 11:24:05 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 07:30:06PM +0530, Pulkit Yadav wrote:
> @Ryan: Besides changing data matrix to column-major format, could you
> please tell what kind of refactoring (or changes) are needed
> in the Cosine tree code?

I would prefer for the cosine tree to implement the same interface as
all mlpack trees do (see src/mlpack/core/tree/example_tree.hpp).  That
won't be easy to do and when the time comes I will help with it.

But, I eventually want to be able to plug in the cosine tree to the
dual-tree algorithms that mlpack offers --- even if the cosine tree is,
at this point, not useful for any of the problems mlpack dual-tree
algorithms solve.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "A present for my friends... at Thanksgiving."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Bruce