[mlpack] GSoC 2014 Simulated Annealing Project

Abhishek Laddha laddhaabhishek11 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 01:01:06 EST 2014

Hi all,
I am Abhishek Laddha a 3rd year undergraduate student majoring in
Mathematics and Computing from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD),
India. I am really interested in field on machine learning and regularly
taking the similar courses in my undergraduate studies. I am familiar with
C++ and some of machine learning techniques.

I would like to work on project "Simulated Annealing Optimizer" for gsoc
2014. I have already used simulated annealing technique in my project.
Simulated annealing is a search in the solution space of constrained
optimization problem which is good in avoiding local minima but it is slow.
I have found the the some paper of using simulated annealing technique in
K-means algorithm and linear regression. Could you more elaborate on this
project ?

I have downloaded, build and  gone through the some mlpack tutorials. Could
you give me direction or provide resources for how to start working on this
project?
--
Abhishek Laddha
Mathematics And Computing