[mlpack] Request for comments: move from svn to git (and Trac to github)

Anand Soni anand.92.soni at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 03:36:51 EST 2014

Nice! The move to Git will indeed be very helpful for new contributors as
more people are accustomed to git as compared to svn. We definitely should
complete the process soon.

Regards,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Ryan Curtin <gth671b at mail.gatech.edu>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:33:41AM +0530, Udit Saxena wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Git sounds great. It is 2014, after all. :)
> >
> > My git username is uditsaxena.
>
> Cool, thanks!  I've applied the changes for everyone who has sent me
> user information so far (and will continue to do so).
>
> > I'd be glad to help with the migration as well.
>
> Thanks -- there's not too much left to do, just the Trac migration (I'll
> wait until I get more Github usernames; the scripts Marcus found
> automatically convert all the names).  I spoke earlier with Marcus about
> also putting the source for mlpack.org on Github so maybe if you had
> some ideas for changes to the website or some time to update it then you
> could do that.  I'll send another email once I set up the initial
> website repository.
>
> > So now that you're done here, what now, after Georgia Tech, Ryan ?
>
> Looks like I spoke too soon... I haven't graduated yet; I plan to at the
> end of the summer.  At this point I don't know what's next, but I will
> definitely be seeking a position that allows me to continue devoting
> time towards mlpack.  :)
>
> --
> Ryan Curtin    | "Plot is a primitive vulgarity in literature."
> ryan at ratml.org |   - Balph Eubank

*Anand Soni *
*Senior Undergraduate *
*Computer Science & Engineering *