[mlpack] Problem building MLPACK - CF linking error

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 29 15:31:04 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:05:27PM +0000, Smith, Dale (Norcross) wrote:
> I agree that building the Armadillo wrapper confers complexity with no
> benefit. I'd rather link directly with lapack and blas, and use
> Armadillo as a header-only library.

So, this is a bit of a late response to this thread, but in 1.0.10 I
have revamped the FindArmadillo CMake script so that one can compile
mlpack against Armadillo when the wrapper is not being used.

The changes I made can be found in r17099:

  http://www.mlpack.org/trac/changeset/17099

So, if you're not using the Armadillo wrapper, mlpack should now link
properly against the underlying dependencies of Armadillo.  However, the
number of setups I have access to is somewhat small, so, if anyone has
any issues, please let me know or file a bug or something and I will do
my best to fix it.

In addition, one could easily take my modified FindArmadillo.cmake
scripts and use it in their own projects.  I ought to submit the
modified script to upstream CMake once it's tested more thoroughly...

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Reprogram him!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Master Control Program