[mlpack] mlpack 1.0.7 released

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 4 16:30:29 EDT 2013

Hello there,

Today the last bits of work required for a new mlpack release were
finished.  You can download mlpack 1.0.7 from

  http://www.mlpack.org/

New features include:

 - a collaborative filtering framework (thanks to Mudit Raj Gupta)
 - enhancements to linear regression, including ridge regression (thanks
     to Sumedh Ghaisas)
 - cover tree support for all dual-tree algorithms
 - dual-tree FastMKS implementation added
 - several bugfixes (mostly thanks to Marcus Edel)
 - some speed improvements
 - Gaussian Mixture Models now support arbitrary covariance matrix
     constraints.
 - MVU removed because it is known to not work.

If you want a (nearly) full list of bugfixes and changes since 1.0.6,
you can see the list of resolved tickets:

http://www.mlpack.org/trac/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=mlpack+1.0.7

Also, thanks to Marcus's hard work on his GSoC project, we now have an
automatic benchmarking system.  I am in the process of running the
benchmarks and integrating them into the homepage, but if you are
impatient like me, you can look at the current benchmarks for trunk:

http://big.cc.gt.atl.ga.us:8080/job/benchmark%20-%20reports/Benchmark_Results/?

Have a good one,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Bye-bye, goofy woman.  I enjoyed repeatedly
ryan at igglybob.com | throwing you to the ground." - Ben Jabituya