[mlpack] how to get mlpack version

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 11 12:07:39 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:31:10PM +0100, Giampaolo Bellini wrote:
> Dear all
>
>   I'm using latest mlpack on linux for neighbor search
>
>   I wonder if there is a way to retrieve the library version in order to
> show it in the about box of my application...
>
>      thanks a lot
>
>              Giampaolo

Hello Giampolo,

At the moment, the best way to find that information is to look in one
of the header files distributed with mlpack (like mlpack/core.hpp).

That isn't a very good solution, though, so I have opened a ticket [1].
What I'm planning to do over the next couple of days is add a
'--version' option to each mlpack executable that will tell you the
version of mlpack, and also a library function that will return the
version as a string (i.e. "1.0.7").

Unfortunately, that won't be available until the next release, so
looking in mlpack/core.hpp will have to suffice for now.  I'm hoping to
release 1.0.8, which will contain this functionality, in the next few
weeks (I have a few other things to add first).

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin       | "The enemy cannot press a button... if you have
ryan at igglybob.com | disabled his hand." - Sgt. Zim