[mlpack] GSoC 2013 Report - June 24, 2013

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 1 05:36:44 EDT 2013

Hello to everyone.

As a part of Google Summer of Code 2013, I have been working on automatic benchmarking of mlpack methods. It has been two weeks since I started working, and I would like to share with the community of the work I've been doing on the last week.

The last week, I mainly focused on the benchmarking of the mlpack executables. I've created a script for each executable, except for the mvu method. For each script I added some interesting small and large datasets. To test the benchmark system, you have to run the 'benchmark.py' file. The default config doesn't run any benchmark, you have to activate the benchmark scripts in the config file (change the run value from false to true).

If anyone is interested in detail what I'm doing, do take a look at the notes available here[1].

See you next week!

Cheers,

Marcus

[1] http://trac.research.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/wiki/AutomaticBenchmark