[mlpack] regression using sparse matrices/vectors

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 10 17:33:09 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 03:30:05PM -0500, Darryl Reeves wrote:
> Thanks, Ryan. Just to make sure I understand the plan, sounds like linear
> regression and ridge regression will have sparse matrix support early in
> the New Year but there are no plans to do the refactoring for LARS in the
> near future?

Yes, that's correct.  LARS refactoring won't happen soon unless I can
find someone who's interested.  I'll add it to my list of "project ideas
for interested people", and maybe to the Google Summer of Code Ideas
List for next year too.

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Kill them, Machine... kill them all."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Dino Velvet