[mlpack] linker error in mlpack installation

Gilles Barges gbarges at free.fr
Tue Dec 3 09:10:28 EST 2013

hello, I'm new here. Using mlpack on Mac OSX 10.7
It's a nice piece of code (talking about mlpack :-)

Some month ago, I discovered mlpack (1.0.6), installed it and began to use it in my softwares.

Installation was not easy. The 'make' command stopped on a lot of linker unresolved in libmlpack.dylib.

The unresolved symbols were :
_wrapper_ddot_
_wrapper_dgels_
_wrapper_dgemm_
_wrapper_dgemv_
.../...
_wrapper_dsyrk_

all of these are referenced from blas or lapack functions.

if commenting the line
#define ARMA_USE_WRAPPER
in armadillo_bits/config.hpp
the unresolved are now :
_ddot_
_dgels_
.../...

It was some months ago and .  I . found . a . workaround.
I'm sure because I'm using mlpack since !
(that is, I could run the installer 'make all install' to the end)

Today, I'd like to install mlpack 1.0.7 , because I need some new functionnality.
And again, 'make' breaks on the same unresolved :-(

WHAT THE HELL DID I HACK TO PUT IT RIGHT ?
I can't remember what I did !

Please, would somebody be nice to avoid me solve this problem _again_ ?

have a nice day

--
Gilles Barges.