[mlpack] Interest in 'collaborative filtering package''

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:07:04 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 09:38:33AM -0700, Rossi Kamal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am Rossi Kamal, a 4th year PhD student in Computer Engineering department
> of Kyung Hee University, Korea. I am interested to work in 'Collaborative
> Filtering Package' as GSOC 2013 student.
>
> Could anyone please suggest me the steps involved in it.?

Hello Rossi,

I am sorry for the slow response.  I meant to respond to this but
somehow it slipped off my radar.

Anyway, there has been a lot of talk about the collaborative filtering
project.  You can take a look through the list archives:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2013-April/thread.html

Basically, what you will want to do is come up with a few algorithms you
would like to implement, then propose how you will implement them and
include that with your application.

Is that helpful?  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask --
and I will respond more quickly this time.  :)

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin       | "It is very cold... in space."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Khan