[mlpack] Wishing to be part of mlpack under GSoC 13

Piyush Kumar piyush5kumar5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:49:57 EDT 2013

Hello,
I'm Piyush Kumar, a student doing third year of my bachelors degree from
IIT Bombay (India). This mail is regarding my interest in contributing to
mlpack's existing code.
Two of the ideas seemed interesting to me, one is the optimization of tree
traversers, and second one is compile time optimization via profiling.

1) "optimization of tree traversers" : I have considerable knowledge of C++
and graph algorithms, and have recently done course on AI and ML, hence
have basics idea of the concepts used in your current implementations.

2) "profiling for further optimization" : I have negligible past experience
with profilers, but am enthusiastic about optimization analysis. Can you
provide some information regarding your current profiling methods so that I
can run some tests?

Thanks,
Piyush