[mlpack] GSoC 2013

Madhura Parikh madhuraparikh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:20:15 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am a final year undergrad in  Computer Science at National Institute of
Technology, Surat. I am very interested in working on the Collaborative
Filtering Package for mlpack.  I have previously done an internship in NLP
at IISc, Bangalore and also a short workshop on Speech Technologies at
Carnegie-Mellon - IIIT Delhi, winter school. In my final year project, I am
working on speech emotion recognition. These have mostly involved some form
of Machine Learning - for instance SVMs in case of my current project. I
would really be enthusiastic to work hands on on implementing collaborative
filtering , though I don't have much  background in this particular area. I
have fairly good experience coding in C/C++ and python and I am eager to
read up any background or preparatory material I find.

p.s. to know more of the projects I've worked on visit
https://sites.google.com/site/madhuraparikh/

Regards,
Madhura Parikh
India