[mlpack] google summer of code [GSoC]

Daniel Bell idaniel at me.com
Tue Apr 9 22:16:43 EDT 2013

Hi I am a student at the University of Calgary and interested in working on one of your projects for GSoC.  I will be in the middle of my second year but I do very well on assignments so I am still at early stages of my degree but am skilled at programming.   I have done work in Java, python, assembly (SPARC architecture) and did some exploration of objective C last summer.

I was intrigued by your improvement of tree traversers suggestion, I am currently in a course that has a component on trees and so did some work with them.  I am interested in learning about and learning machine learning however I have never programmed in C++.  Do you think this is within my skill set that I have laid out?

Thank you,
Daniel